POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT FOR:
For Pacific Coast Federation of Fishermens Associations (PCFFA) and the Institute for Fisheries Resources (IFR)
The Pacific Coast Federation of Fishermens Associations (PCFFA) and the Institute for Fisheries Resources (IFR) are seeking a Development Officer to work in their San Francisco office. PCFFA is a non-profit trade organization, incorporated 25 years ago, to represent commercial fishing associations along the west coast. IFR was established in 1992 by PCFFA as a 501(c)(3) corporation to support working fishing men and women in their effort to sustain fisheries and associated fishing communities and economies through efforts to protect, restore and enhance the publics marine and anadromous fish species and their habitats.
This position will be split between the affiliated organizations. One-half of the position will be devoted to PCFFA and dedicated to developing and managing fundraising capabilities, including memberships. The Officer will work with the PCFFA Board of Directors and Executive Director to develop and implement funding programs. The other half of the position will be devoted to IFR and will entail developing and managing grant solicitations and fundraising, to be performed in consultation with its Board of Trustees and Executive Director.
- Develop and manage associate membership program
- Implement fundraising efforts, including the Sustainable Fisheries Funders Program
- Provide administrative assistance to member associations with their marketing agreements
- Work with Board of Trustees to develop fundraising programs
- Research grant sources, contacts, requirements, and deadlines
- Write letters of inquiry, grant applications and budgets
- Create Database of grants with calendar for deadlines, including grant submission and reporting
- Monitor and assist grant application progress, grant implementation and reporting
- BA/BS in natural resources (fisheries, marine science, or other related field) and/or fundraising and development with interest in natural resources/marine issues
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Knowledge of computers and Internet
- Experience in public relations
- Knowledge and experience in non-profit fundraising
- Familiar with fisheries issues, especially U.S. west coast
- Person should be a self-starter with minimum supervision needed
- Capable of working under stress and possess a good sense of humor
Salary $35 – 42 K (DOE) with excellent benefits package, including health insurance. PCFFA and IFR are equal opportunity employers.
For more information please see our web pages at: www.pcffa.org www.ifrfish.org
To Apply: Please send application including resume, cover letter, and references, due 30 April 2001 to:
PCFFA Attn: Development Position P.O. Box 29370 San Francisco, CA 94129